Ally LOVES to play dress-up. It will entertain her for what seems like hours, but she REFUSES to clean it up. Matt go sick of cleaning it up and she wasn't able to play with them for a month! I felt bad for her and partly responsible for not having an organized place for her to store them in, so I fished them out of the basement after I thought Matt had cooled off. I bought a six drawer organizer and put them in all neat and tidy. I thought for sure she would be ecstatic to have them back and would NEVER leave them about again......WRONG!
It only took two days and although she was playing with them like crazy, she was refusing to pick them up and told Matt "just throw them away, I don't need them". So, Matt literally threw them out in the garbage and I once again had to fish them out (I want to at least save them for Cedar). UUUGH! What am I doing wrong?? How do you reason with or discipline a child who has an "I don't care" attitude?



1 comment:
Who knows how to reason with the little buggers, but I have found that clean up can be in no real organized fashion if you want them to do it themselves! My girls LOVE dress up too, but the dresses everywhere drive me crazy. I finally just put a laundry basket in each of the girls closet and put all dress up crap in it (crowns, necklaces, shoes ect.) Every time one of them takes a dress off, I tell them to go put it in a dress up basket and sure enough, they do it! I wouldn't stand for tossing them out, those things are expensive! Good luck with that one!
Post a Comment