Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Not a baby anymore....








My baby Cedar turned two!! I know everyone thinks their kids are the cutest and most adorable, but this girl is so dang cute I can't stand it....
As you can see we had a Birthday party for her this past weekend and things didn't exactly go as planned....they turned out OK in the end but here was the drama: I spent two *$#!@+! hours making this turtle cake (which first of all did not turn out as cute as I had imagined in my head) and when I was done I needed a "safe" place to put it where little fingers would not poke at it or it would otherwise get ruined...so, after some dilemma I decided that the oven would be a great place to keep such a prized creation.
All was well, I went about my day of cleaning, preparing etc and realized that I was supposed to have picked out a gift to be from my dad....I rushed off to Target and found a suitable gift, to Costco to get take & bake pizzas, came home to find that the house was not yet decorated (party is starting in 1 hour), kids hair is not done, Cedar has woken up from her nap and removed her clothes (luckily nothing worse than that), my makeup is not done (becuase of course I should have plenty of time with an hour to spare) and I still need to change my clothes etc....needless to say, I am a little frantic.
I got the house decorated, kids cleaned up and had 15 minutes left for my hair and clothes, when people start to arrive...againl, panic sets it. Now, you might be wondering where my husband is....he is outside working on a HD dish for his blessed TV, while I am running around like a mad-woman....but don't worry, I have it under control. :o)
I force Ally out into the family room to distract and entertain the first few guests, turn the oven on to preheat for pizzas and I dash off to put my make-up on...the finishing touch. That is when I realized what I had done.....I TURNED THE OVEN ON AND MY $#@!*&% CAKE IS IN THERE!!!!
I ran out to the kitchen and tore open the oven door to find a melted, very sad looking turtle. I wanted to cry. I took it out of the oven, said a few explitives and slammed the door shut. A few minutes later, when I could manage to take another look at the drooping eyes and mouth, I stood there trying to decide what to do when Matt's brother (who doesn't have the best tact in the world) came over and aked "what the hell happened to that?" I burst into tears and told him I would kill him if he opened his mouth again (maybe not that nicely). Yep....right in front of the whole family!! Not my shining moment. :o)
I went to my room and settled down for a few minutes then came back out and tried to fix it up the best I could.....my sister said it looked like it just crawled out of the swamp. LOL Oh-well....I suppose the Birthday girl didn't know the difference and she is the only one I was trying to impress.
The rest of the party went well and I was sure not to cause any more drama.

1 comment:

houseofgirlsandjohn said...

just wanted to let you know i found a new place to print of 12x12's it's called scrapbooksplease.com. I just printed off 122 pages from there. cheap and goot quality