Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Polar Express





So, we had heard that the Polar Express expedition in Heber City was AMAZING....so we nearly killed the entire family getting there and spent a good deal of money on tickets, only to be dissappointed in the end.

They tell you that you are going to the "North Pole" to see Santa, when in reality, you go BACKWARDS (which really bothered Ally) on a train going 10mph, in the dark with no lights or attractions along the way until you see a man in a Santa suit standing in a snowbank with a sign that says "North Pole" and red flood lights......then, you turn around and go 10mph back, but at least you go back FORWARDS I guess!! LOL

In all fairness, they gave us hot chocolate and cookies and sang a few Christmas songs while waiting for Santa to stroll through the train cars.....needless to say, we won't be rushing back next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went on that same expedition, except it was Thomas the train (and during daylight)! I was disappointed by it too. I mean honestly, the whole backwards thing, really. It should at least go forward the first direction! I have heard a lot of people talking about going on that Polar Express train, I am glad I didn't do it. I wouldn't have known it was the same deal as Thomas and I would have been really pissed! Plus, my kids would have expected it to be like the movie, and really believed they were at the North Pole! They would have been bummed! The pictures are cute so at least it was good for something, right! Love ya

Bry, Jenn, Kelty, Cache said...

ok, so maybe I'm easily amused, I didn't think it was too bad, except the north flood light, i mean north pole! But it was fun almost driving to our death with you! Actually the best part was the bacon cheeseburger I had at the burger joint! But all the kids were damn cute in their jammies!

The Francis Family said...

Are you wearing glasses now? Since when?